Thursday, May 10, 2007

7 Facts about ME, Phoebe

Dear Pablo and fan club members,

I was tagged for a game my Marilyn Monreow. I'm very excited because Monica usually hogs the games like this, but Marilyn picked ME. I have to tell seven interesting facts about myself that you may not know. Then I will tag seven of my friends to play the game. Here we go:

1. I am the submissive cat in my household - Monica bosses me around. You might think that it bothers me, but I don't mind at all. I have more interesting things to do like conduct research into the hygiene habits of humans and monitor the grounds for birds and neighbor cats.

2. As I have already alluded to, I am conducting research in human behavior. I am studying for a master's degree in this field and I have chosen for my master's thesis "The Hygiene Habits of Humans, Male and Female". I have been working on this research for about 5 years.

3. I like to observe my humans during a good part of the day. I follow them from room to room, but try to be unobtrusive. Therefore, I wait just a few minutes before following them into a new area of the house. This allows for more natural behavior on their part as they are unaware of the observation for a time.

4. I have become a great Outdoor explorer. I have gone 2/3 of the way down our driveway now and all the way to Grandma's house. I have explored all the range of the grasslands surrounding my house and Grandma's.

5. Although I know that I have to wear my harness to go Outside, I still don't like to put it on. I always squirm and wriggle when Tracy is putting it over my head and around my middle. I hope one day she will realize that I can go out by myself.

6. Although I like to be wherever the action is, I don't particularly like to sit on people's laps. I prefer to lay beside them on the couch or above them on the back of the couch (like in the picture above). This is one of my favorite places to nap.

7. I try to be helpful around the house. I help Tracy with the laundry and I help Denis with repairs around the house. I am generally a polite cat and undemanding. Because of this Tracy and Denis like to have me around more than Monica. They let me come into the bedroom at night for a snuggle, but Monica is not allowed.

PS. I hope it doesn't sound like I don't like Monica. I love her, she is my sister. We play together and groom each other. We are just different and that's okay, isn't it?

I will tag
Pablo
Monica
Rocky the CEO of Artsy Catsy
Tara
Diamond
Kassiel of Gargolas
Sherman

15 comments:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

I enjoyed learning more about you, Phoebe. :) I am very impressed that you are working on a Master's degree!

Parker said...

You sound like a wonderful kitty!

Christine and FAZ said...

Got MeMeMe Phoebe. You should get Monica to do one too. FAZ

Tara said...

I'm working on my MzD, so good for you for working on you Masters! I haven't chosen a dissertation topic yet though.

Thanks for the tag!
Tara

GARGOLAS said...

Mónica, estoy muy emocionado, pero debo admitir que necesitaré que me expliques mejor ;)

Saludos felinos!

Daisy said...

Phoebe, it is OK to be different from your sister! You are both special in your own unique ways.

I usually stand very still when my Mommie puts on my harness, because I know it means going Outdoors!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

It's reely good to be different. All of us in da howse of kattonic are different even da beans. As like learning more about you, we wants to know all kinds of stuff about our frends!

The Crew said...

Hygiene habits of males, huh? Mom says most of them aren't very neat, but I don't know for sure 'cause Dad and our human brother are the only ones we know.

Your friend
Misty

Anonymous said...

Wow, Phoebe! I loved reading about you -- such a smart girlcat you are. A Master's Degree will be marvelous!

You and I have much in common. I'm the most easygoing girlcat in my house. Dorydoo is super-intense and Brainball's the big Alpha, but I'm happy to simply lounge around, smell the flowers (rhetorically speaking, of course) and dream about Mickey.

I might go for a Master's Degree in language and literature, emphasis on poetry, one of these days, though... *smile*

Purrs and snuggles to you!

Kimo and Sabi said...

#3 is officially called Snoopervising.

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

Great to find out a bit more about you, Phoebe. You might be the 'submissive cat', but you sure have a lot of active interests! I'll get started on mine tonight. My meme, that is, not my interests.

GARGOLAS said...

Lo he respondido!!

Abrazos

Kassiel

Around Your Wrist said...

excellent meme, phoebe!

when will you publish your research?

--suz

Samantha & Mom said...

I like learning new things about everyone. Thanks for vising our Five. Mom adores the granddaughter. Almost as much as us. Have a marvelous Monday.
Samantha and Tigger

Artsy Catsy said...

Oh, Phoebe, I'm so sorry I missed the meme, but thanks for tagging me. It's been such a flurry of activity around here with my mom's daughter visiting from Italy, that I've just now been able to get my paws on the computer! Drop by and see what they're putting me through!

Rocky