Sunday, March 18, 2007

Observation platform


Dear Pablo,

This is my observation deck where I sit to do my research on the hygeine habits of humans. From here I can look clear around to the left where Tracy keeps some of her clothing on the floor and clear to the right where Denis does his morning preparations. But straight ahead is where the main research takes place - I can see directly into the bathroom sink area. I have been studying Tracy for about five years now and Denis for three, and I still haven't figured them out. Here are some observations I have made:
1. bathing takes place in an enclosed area of the bathroom where they stand under a torrent of water. This seems terribly unpleasant to me, but they seem to emerge quite pleased with themselves.
2. bathing takes place sometimes in the morning, sometimes in the afternoon and sometimes in the evening. There doesn't seem to be a predictable pattern to it at all.
3. various instruments are used on their head fur - creams, lotions, sticks and a wand that makes a terrible loud whooshing noise. (Tracy uses all of these, but Denis just uses a simple stick)
4. they both use the deodorant sticks under their arms, but they use different kinds - seems kind of frivolous.
5. they insert strings and sticks into their mouths. This is done mostly at night before they go to bed, but sometimes during the day. I haven't figured that one out at all.
6. Tracy takes great care to put various creams and potions onto her face, but Denis doesn't bother with his face at all.

Has anyone else made any observations about humans? Or have some suggestions as to conclusions that we can reach?

14 comments:

Tara said...

Very complete research Phoebe! I've observed Mom and Dad doing much the same things. Besides the torrent of water, I've also observed primarily Mom filling up a big tub of water and making it whirl, then getting in it! Sometimes it even has bubbly stuff! And she sits for a long time. I can't imagine....
Tara

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

i sumtimez help mi mom put on her makeup. i espeshullee like to help her wid her eye-whiskerz. she lookz sumwut diffrent frum da beginnin uv her applikashun to da end.
luv--yer grate frend an fan uv pablo'z--jh

Unknown said...

Dear Pablo,

That underarm stuff does seem as frivolous if they don't use it...whew...

Mr. Hendrix said...

Very good research Phoebe. Great location for observation! I too notice that my mommy spends a lot more time on her grooming habits than daddy. I think that is why she smells better and has softer hands for chin scritches!

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

Yeah, great observations and great observation post. You look like a lion(ness) up there! I think I can add to the research by supporting the comments you and Mr Hendrix have made about your mums spending more time on grooming than your dads. It's the same down here. I think we've stumbled on an international phenomenon!

Sherman said...

boy, humans are strange! They actually like doing that too. All you really have to do is give your self a good licking.

GARGOLAS said...

Interesantes observaciones sobre los humanos.

Saludos felinos.

Dobby said...

hi Phoebe! It's my first visit to yer blog, an' I really like it!

Me and my big bro Merlin like Pablo, too. Cause he looks jus' like Merlin and we think that's totally kewl.

Phoebe said...

Thanks for everyone's assistance with my research. I think we are definitely on to something. If I could just figure out what!

Dobby, I will add you and Merlin to the Fan Club memberlist.

Luna und Luzie said...

Phoebe, I love the photo of your observation deck and well studies.
My humans also use a human litterbox with another torrent of water. I try to figure out to use it but they always close a cover .

Tatiana Gamarra said...

Nos unimos a los fans de Pablo entonces!!!

Saludos de Cucarañas...

Phoebe said...

Bienvenidos, Cucarañas!

MaoMao said...

Yes, hoomans are indeed so strange! I love my momma and daddy but some of the things they do make me want to scratch my head. Or my ear. Kitty baths are so much simpler, ya know? You just lick your paw and wash.

You've got a great bloggie!

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Humans are furry mysterious. Mom uses a strange stick to REMOVE her fur. Have you observed this?
DMM