Saturday, March 31, 2007

The Door

Dear Pablo,

This door goes to The Outside. I would really like to go out there. My people all go out this door and then they wave to me from The Outside. I can see that there are pretty flowers and birds out there, too.
I can smell The Outside when I put my nose down at the bottom of the door. Sometimes, I have been able to sneak out there when no one was paying attention. Whenever a person is gathering their things to go out the door, I am very attentive. I wait patiently for an opportunity to run Outside before they can grab me. But most of the time Tracy or Denis notices me looking and one of them picks me up. Then I am out of luck! Once the door is shut again, they put me down but it is too late. I am going to ask Tracy to buy me a harness like Tara has so that we can go for walks. But she says that once I get a taste for The Outside, I want to sneak out even more. She may be right about that. Darn it!

9 comments:

Daisy said...

Yes, yes, you should get a harness! I just got one a few weeks ago, and I like it. But I like my stroller even better. After I go out strolling, I usually cry at the door for about 30 minutes to go out again. Then I settle down and forget about the front door again.

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

Sorry that The Outside is off limits to you ladies. Outside is great... there's lots of great smells and things to chase and roll in. But if I could choose between spending all my time inside and all my time outside, inside would win. Maybe you could convince Denis to build you some kind of safe outdoor enclosure. If Nick and Kate ever buy a place, Kate says that's what she's gonna do for me.

MaoMao said...

Wow, Phoebe! I'm the same way. I showed up at Momma's and Daddy's as a stray cat, and as a stray I was outside all the time. I love livin' in here with Momma and Daddy, but sometimes I still wanna go outside. I'm thinkin' Momma will get me a harness!

And it's amazing how much you look like my big fuzzy sister, Brainball.

Purrs and kittyhugs from MaoMao!

Phoebe said...

Mao, I will take that as a complement since I know you love your sister, Brainball.

Pablo, It is good to know that you prefer the inside if you had to pick one for all the time. I will take your word for it. But I still hope Tracy gets me a harness.

GARGOLAS said...

La puerta misteriosa hacia el otro ladooooo.

A nosotros nos da curiosidad pero no queremos conocer mas allá de nuestros territorios.

Saludos felinos.

Christine and FAZ said...

Yes, you should get a harness or a stoller (like Daisy and Dragonheart - have a look at their blog). They look so happy when they are out and about. If you were allowed out you could go and visit Pabs. FAZ

Christine and FAZ said...

Yes, you should get a harness or a stoller (like Daisy and Dragonheart - have a look at their blog). They look so happy when they are out and about. If you were allowed out you could go and visit Pabs. FAZ

Jake said...

Oh, going for walks with the parents is great! I don't know what a harness is, but I love my leash!

Victor Tabbycat said...

Phoebe, Mom finks you can kinda trick a cat if you put the harness on an take it in the car to sumwhere outside instead of out the house door. Like the cat won't associate the fun outside on the harness wif the bad outside out the door. Are we really that dumb? Wul, the beans are.