Thursday, March 22, 2007

Pet Peeve #3

Dear Pablo,

So far Phoebe has done all the pet peeves, but I decided that it was my turn this time. This is our comb. Phoebe and I don't like it at all, but she doesn't have to endure it nearly as much as I do. Phoebe sometimes gets some fur knots especially under her armpits and on her rear-end and Tracy combs her for a little while. But for some reason, Tracy decides to comb me more often! She pulls out great loads of my furs and shows them to me and I am supposed to be happy about that? I don't get it. I groom myself plenty and I can take care of my own fur, thank you very much. Tracy says that if I swallow all that fur, then I will get more hairballs. What's wrong with that?

6 comments:

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

Ouch! I know what you mean, Monica. Kate has a comb for me, even though I'm not a longfurcat. She thinks that if she combs me often enough, I won't shed so much about the place. Even I'm amazed at how much fur comes out. Like your Tracy, Kate always shows me the fur and lets me 'acknowledge' it before she throws it out. But you know what? It's crazy, but when she shows it to me, all I want to do is eat it. And I try, if she's not quick enough. I kind of like the feeling of my back furs being combed, but I'm uber-quick to put the bitey on Kate when I've had enough.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Oh da dredded comb! We'z all short hair, why duz mom feel da need to comb us? And da fur thing, yup, why show it to us if yoor just gonna throw it out anyway. Beans iz weerd.

Leona said...

Ma is always trying to brush me. I am very fluffy on my backside but I wont let her touch me there. It is not lady like! Guy on the other hand he would get brushed all day long if he could. He is a stinky boy and probablly needs it.

Artsy Catsy said...

Hmm, I think we must be strange cats - we LOVE our comb! We line up to get combed (and it's a long line!) What? Oh, my mom just verified that we are, in fact, very strange cats. Hey, mom, you raised us!!

Rocky
& the Artsy Catsy houseful

Tara said...

I like my comb pretty well too. But she doesn't get out that much fur.

Tara

MaoMao said...

Momma shows us the fur she gets out when she brushes and combs us, too. She especially does it to my big sister Brainball, who's long haired and needs lots of groomin'. Brainball doesn't like the comb much, either, but Momma keeps tellin' her she doesn't want hairballs. I can't understand why a Brainball wouldn't want hairballs, can you?