Thursday, May 31, 2007

Membership Process

Dear Pablo, fan club members and friends,

I wanted to take this opportunity to show you all how very long my whiskers are. And also to explain the rigorous process that we here at the Pablo Fan Club Headquarters go through to determine the suitability of Fan Club members. It actually is very easy to qualify - you just have to demonstrate an interest in the Fan Club and an admiration for Pablo by posting a comment both on this blog and on Pablo's. Whenever anycat (or dog and recently even a human) expresses interest in joining, we just quickly check that they indeed have commented on Pablo's blog and we add them straightaway! Every once in a while, we also try to compare our comments with Pablo's to seek other admirers and add them. This is a challenging task, so if we missed you as a potential member, please let us know.

I know that a lot of cats have very long blogroll lists to include everycat in the blogosphere. I really appreciate that spirit and enjoy being an active member of the cat blogosphere. But the Fan Club Chairfeline Committee has decided to limit our blogroll to just club members to keep our sidebar streamlined and most useful for us, for Pablo and for the club members. We are considering adding a separate list for other friends, but have not reached a consensus yet. Our sidebar is getting kind of long.

A hearty welcome to our newest members The Crew (George, Max, Tipper and Misty), Marilyn MonREOW, Mickey Mantle, Caricature (our first human member), Ceasar and Prinnie, Diamond, Kassiel y Antonia (los Gárgolas), Marie, Mr Hendrix, Parker, Samantha and Tigger, Sultanfus and Guy and, finally, Suzanne, our lovely senior citizen lady-cat.

16 comments:

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

Those whiskers are the longest I've ever seen, Monica! What's your secret?

Just wanted to say thanks to both of you (and to Tracey) for initiating and maintaining my fan club. I still find it hard to believe that a couple of ladycats from the USA were interested enough in me to start one! It's truly an honour, as it is to have so many members. Thanks, everycat, for taking an interest in me!

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

Whoops! I spelled Tracy's name with an 'e' sorry! I have an aunty called Tracey, so I got confused. Sorry TRACY!!

snowforest said...

thanx for the add monica. the standing whiskers show how animated u are in this photo :)

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

Dear Monica,
Thank you for welcoming Marilyn and me into Pablo's fan club. I know I speak for Marilyn when I say that we are great admirers of our Australian friend.
I have never seen such long and lovely whiskers. Is there a special beauty secret?
Love--Mickey

Around Your Wrist said...

wow...beautiful picture!

i completely understand about maintaining the integrity of the fan club, and i'm honored to be one of its members!

the blogroll list gets to be awfully long, doesn't it? mama and i try to visit every one, and to comment on each as we read it. it can take 2 hours!

love
--suz

Daisy said...

Monica, your whiskers are very long and luxurious! I think I have whisker-envy.

I am very proud to be part of the Pablo fan club!

Ali & Fiona said...

Those whisker make my brother Ali, blush....perhaps someday we can be apart of the fan club after all Ali is Pablo's doppleganger.

Donny and Marie and Casey said...

I love your very long whiskers. So white too!

Thank you for explaining the process of being a Pablo Fan Club member. I'm glad to know I did it right. Also thanks for the welcome.

MaoMao said...

Like Mickey and Marilyn, I'm happy to be a member of Pablo's Fan Club! Thank you for addin' me! And boyohboy, you've got supercool loooooong whiskies!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Monica said...

Thank you so much everycat for the complements on my whiskers. I don't really have any beauty secret. I have heard that whisker size is proportion to one's girth? So it could be that I'm a bit wide in the middle... But I don't know for sure. Perhaps it's just superior genes.

GARGOLAS said...

A nosotros nos da mucha alegría pertenecer a este Fan Club y tenerte de amiga felina!

Abracitos felinos.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Your whiskers are fantastic!

Yiipppppeeeeee we love being in the fan club!

*~Princess

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Those are some bodacious whiskers! I'm are definitely green with envy over your luscious "mandibles of doom"!

Mom said that my whiskers are only as wide as my butt. I think that she was tryin' to insult the junk that comprises my trunk. What do you think???

You're obviously NOT a girlie was a wide caboose. Do you think that my whiskers are simply shorter than normal ... or do my short whiskers make my butt look big?
DMM

Honey P. Sunshine said...

wow, your whiskers are long

The Crew said...

Monica, thank you for the warm welcome to the Pablo Fan Club. We don't know where Australia is, but Mom says it's very far away. So it's good the Cat Blogosphere has Pablo to keep us informed about the goings on over there.

We are reciting the pledge, in unison:

We, George, Tipper, Max & Misty, do solemnly swear to remain faithful to the Pablo Fan Club purpose, which is to admire the exceptional qualities of the great feline leader, Pablo of West Hobart, Tasmania, Australia. We will heed his wise counsel in feline social causes, defend his honor to any detractors and strive to follow his example in our daily lives.

Andrea's Garden said...

Hello, how fun! I just came across your blog by way of Luna in Germany. Enjoyed reading your blog, great pictures. Greetings from Stella-The-Cat and her loyal can opener, Andrea