Sunday, May 27, 2007

True Confessions

Dear Pablo and fan club members,

Chairman Mao tagged me for this game which was invented by his sister Marilyn MonREOW. We are supposed to tell about the naughty things that we do - as many as we like - and tag as many friends as we like. Well, I'm not sure that I would say the things that I am going to list are naughty, per se. Let's just say that the people and I have a difference of opinion about the appropriateness of certain habits...

1. I like to chomp on flowers that are brought into the house. Tracy sometimes gets the great idea to cut some pretty flowers and put them in the kitchen in a glass of water. The smell great! Things that smell great often taste great too. However, I get chased away when I am caught at sampling them.
2. I like to play with post-it notes. They are very interesting as they are slightly sticky on one side. I take them to my food or water dish so that I can play with them again. The people complain that they have important notes written on those things and I get them all wet or food crumbs on them. Hurmph! What a silly place to write important notes...
3. Another interesting thing to chew on is photographic paper. It is pretty rare to find some laying around the house - Tracy guards it in a box which I can't get open. I don't think it is very nice of her to keep it all to herself. Christmas is a good time to find some lying unguarded on the coffee table. People send them in the mail to us.
4. I like to sit on top of the stereo tower furniture. It is a great tall place to be and look over the living room. Denis doesn't like that at all!
5. I like to go into the "guest room" and look around. There is lots of very interesting stuff piled all over the place in there. The people keep the door closed as Phoebe and I are not allowed to go in there. But if they have to go in there for something, they have to open the door and I sometimes run int and hide under the bed. Sometimes, they squirt me with water to make me exit.
6. I like to lounge on top of any human that is available at the moment. This is a completely fitting place for a cat to be, of course. But Tracy says I get very heavy and she can't change positions. So after a while, she often pushes me off. I just give it a few minutes and get back in my rightful place.

Well, that's all I can think of. As you can easily see, there is nothing particularly naughty about what I do.

I would like to tag Pablo, Faz, Suzanne and Zippy.

9 comments:

Daisy said...

Monica, I don't think you are too naughty! Guess what? I like to lick photographic paper! After I get done and my Mommie finds out, she says it is Ruined! I hope you are having a good weekend.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Yoo guys aren't nawty hardly at all. We lick pikshers too! They are furry tasty.

MaoMao said...

Hi, Monica! I loved readin' your confessions, and oh man, you're not naughty at all. At least not compared to me. But then I ain't really naughty, I'm just.. kurious. Mmm, photographic paper sounds yummy! I'll have to try some.

Zoey and the furballs said...

I haven't tried photo paper yet but I did chew a corner off the magnetic hockey schedule that Mommy left off the refrigerator one day. It didn't taste so good. I wonder if photo paper is better. hmm...

Gandalf

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

Thanks for the tag, Monica! I can't imagine you doing anything naughty.

Karen Jo said...

I wouldn't say you were very naughty, Monica. Some of the things, like running off with notes and chomping on photo paper are a bit irritating to beans, but perfectly normal for cats.

Samantha & Mom said...

You sound like a normal cat to us Monica. I like to sit on my Mom's chest when she sleeps, but for some reason she always rolls over and I fall off. Have a great day.
Samantha, Tigger and Mom

Bad Kitty Cats & Megan said...

We loved hearing more about you Monica. And you can be as Naughty as you want to... it's a born right for kitty cats. Purrs and Scritches

Mr. Hendrix said...

Very nice list Monica. I don't think you're naughty. I think your a cat! That is a wonderful picture of you.

I just read your grandma's house post. She sounds very loving to set you up so nice and get you special toys and walk with you. I'm glad you're back tho.