Sunday, May 6, 2007

A Poem for Pablo

Lately, Jeter Harris' brother Mickey Mantle and Chairman Mao's sister Marilyn Monreow have been leaving poems for each other. I think that this is a great idea and that Pablo should also have a poem. So I scoured the internet for a poem that made me think of Pablo and here is it:
The Cat of the House

Over the hearth with my 'minishing eyes I muse; until after
the last coal dies.
Every tunnel of the mouse,
every channel of the cricket,
I have smelt,
I have felt
the secret shifting of the mouldered rafter,
and heard
every bird in the thicket.
I see you
Nightingale up in the tree!
I, born of a race of strange things,
of deserts, great temples, great kings,
in the hot sands where the nightingale never sings!

Ford Madox Ford

I hope he likes it! I haven't seen Pablo around for a while. He must be very busy with business for his company, Pablo Enterprises or his football team, the West Hobart Tigers. Or perhaps Kate is off on a research project again. I miss him.

12 comments:

Jake and Bathsheba said...

Very nice poem. He should appreciate it. This is a nice fan club site.

~Bathsheba

Tara said...

That was very sweet Phoebe.
Tara

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

Oh Phoebe, it's so beautiful. So majestic. I'm honoured that it makes you think of me. Yes, sorry I've not been online for a bit; Kate was indeed away in Melbourne again. She took a few cool cat-related photos though, I'll post them soon. It's good to be back on the keyboard, though!

Karen Jo said...

You found a very nice poem for Pablo.

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

verree nice poem fer owr pablo, phoebe. mi brudder mickey haz been lookin fer jus da rite poem to send marilyn today.
luv--yer grate frend--jh

Around Your Wrist said...

cool poem! i'm glad to know that pablo is back on the keyboard after his short absence.

love
--suz

Daisy said...

That is a wonderful poem. I am sure that Pablo will love it!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

What a great poem for Pablo!!
Wowie

MaoMao said...

Wowie, what a great poem, Phoebe! And Pablo sounds like a great mancat. He's furry handsome!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Great choice! That poem sounds furry much like ManCat Pablo, right?

He MUST be furry busy with his team, 'cuz we haven't heard from him lately either!

DMM

Christine and FAZ said...

What a wonderful poem, I hope Pablo reads it soon. FAZ
p.s. you're lucky you don't have much experience with dogs Monica - they don't always like cats and can sometimes be really mean to us.

Merlin said...

Wow, that is a furry good poem. I'm sure Pablo will like it. I like it, and I look just like him, so, he'll like it. Isn't that how it goes?