Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Announcements

Dear Pablo and fan club members,

You may have noticed that I recently added some useful links on our sidebar as a service to all fan club members and friends. Have you noticed that Blogrolling is not working lately? Our lists are not showing when blogs have something new to read like they are supposed to. I found out that the only part that is not working is the way that blogs automatically show as updated. This is called "pinging". You can still manually "ping" your blog and it will show as updated on all the blogrolling lists. We put a link to the form to ping your blog manually. It is really easy, you just fill in two spaces and hit the ping button. If you do that each time you post something, your blog will show as updated on ALL the blogrolling lists.

Most cats know about the Cat Blogosphere, where you can get lots of current news about all your friends. You can also add your name to the list of new posts for that day by scrolling down to the first post on CB for the day. The best way to let everycat know that you have a new post on your blog is to "ping" it on Blogrolling and then add your name on Cat Blogosphere. Plus, Pablo is the special Australian correspondent for CB. He has a special repurrter badge with a very handsome picture on it. I love to read his reports.

The Cat Blog Help Center is an excellent resource for any questions you have about how to customize your blog. Skeezix started it and he is very smart. He has helpers who answer your questions. You can search for the topic you need info on and it's probably already been answered. Or you can write a question in the first post at the top of the blog and someone will answer it for you. The Cat Blog Help Center is where we learned about "pinging" for blogrolling.

Lilly Lu is feeling so much better and almost back to her old self. So I changed our colors back from pink. I had forgotten what color it used to be...

And finally, I have been made a Pink Lady because I look so good in pink. I'm so honored and proud. Here is my badge.

15 comments:

Daisy said...

Monica, I think it was very nice of you to put the blogrolling Ping link on your page. And welcome to the Pink Ladies club!!

Victor Tabbycat said...

Very good instruckshuns. We've been pinging fur awhile now (but furgot the last two!). Frum what Mom red, the problem is Blogrollin gets swamped by "splogs" (spam blogs) that manage to ping them efurry few seconds. But that's awfully tecknickal fur us puddins. Manual Ping werks - got it.

Oscar the Puppy Cat said...

I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and telling me how you got your names. There are so many interesting stories out there. My Mom had to laugh because she did think of the Pheobe, Monica thing from Friends. She thought you must have been big friends! I love your names, they're almost as beautiful as the two of you!

Karen Jo said...

That is all very useful information. There was a while there when not even manual ping was working, but it seems to be fixed now. Thank you for dropping by my blog and wishing me well. My toes are feeling much better now.

Kimo and Sabi said...

another Pink Lady? Hot, hot, hot (and hot)!

Donny and Marie and Casey said...

You are a very pretty Pink Lady. Can I be one? I have a pink nose...does that count....?

Thanks for visiting me and welcoming me. I am so happy and excited to meet so many kitties on the blogosphere.

Tara said...

Very excellent tips, I'll try to remember to manual pinging...
Tara

Around Your Wrist said...

congrats on joining the pink ladies! i just joined, too!

love
--suz

Sasha said...

Hello Pablo. Are you finding it cold down in Tassie. We are having some rain and I haven't always been able to go out for my usual walk.

Anonymous said...

It's very nice to meet you! We found your link on Rocky's blog.

Unknown said...

Welcome to the Pink Ladies, Monica!

Monica said...

Well, everyone. I'm overwhelmed by the congratulations on becoming a Pink Lady. I am very flattered.

I'm glad that this information was helpful. It's very nice to meet the new cats who have visited my blog. If any of you would like to join the Pablo Fan Club, just let us know and we will add you to the list of Pablo admirers.

PS. Diamond, this is the Fan Club blog, not Pablo's Blog. The link to his blog is right under the handsome picture of him!

Parker said...

Can I join the fan club? Please? I love Pablo!

Donny and Marie and Casey said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope to get to know who Pablo is. He sounds pretty amazing!

MaoMao said...

Congrachulations on becomin' a pink lady! Hmmm, I'm sure you look bee-yootiful in pink but then a bee-yootiful kitty like you would look good in any color.

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!