Sunday, April 29, 2007

Spotlight on: Canines

Dear faithful fan club members,

Many of you may not know our canine members in the Pablo Fan Club. We met them when we first started this blog because their people are all friends of Tracy's. Our dog friends are at a disadvantage in trying to emulate the feline values promoted by Pablo and the fan club, but they do their best. I thought it would be a good idea to introduce them.Here is Sydney. She lives with Tracy's best friend from high school. You can see that she tries to be very helpful with chores in her house. She also lives with our cat friend, Gilbert, but they do not get along very well. I think their mutual membership in the Pablo Fan Club will help them to keep the peace in their house. I have smelled Sydney on Tracy's clothes when she came home from a road trip.
This is Sherman. He and his two cousins live in the state of New York. Sherman was the first of them to start blogging. His secretary is his human brother and they post lots of pictures and jokes. He seems a little insecure about his standing in his family, but as long as he is fed, he's happy.
This is Jasmine, but she also goes by Jazz or Jazzy. She is Sherman's cousin. She goes outside a lot because she lives in the country. You can see that she is emulating Pablo values of being vigilant of her property. She also lives with three cats, so she has some good examples of feline priorities right in her household.
And this is Jake, the third of the cousins. He lives with his mom, dad and two boys. There is a picture on his blog today of how he was tortured in the bathtub by his family. But he says that they are generally very nice to him. Here you can see that he is practicing sleeping in an excellent feline-like position.

It has been an interesting cross-cultural experience getting to know some dogs. But I hope they don't come over to our house for a visit.

7 comments:

Jake said...

"Feline-like"? I've never considered myself to be even remotely catlike. I'm so embarrassed...

Oh, I have 2 brothers, not just one, and thanks for recognizing one of the best animals ever created!

Daisy said...

Hello Sydney, Sherman, Jasmine and Jake. Nice to meet you. Even though I am a little bit scairt of you. But if you belong to the Pablo fan club, you must be good. So, that means you will not try to eat me. I hope we can be friends.

Sherman said...

As long as I'm fed I'm happy, but don't worry. I've chased a cat before, but never have eaten one.

Sherman said...

ahh! we now have yet another pablo fan. Her name is maggie.

MaoMao said...

Wowie, doggies! Nice to meet y'all. I haven't met many doggies. I think we can all be friends as long as you don't drool too much, hehehehe!

Christine and FAZ said...

This just goes to show what an impressive cat Pablo is. Too have so many dog fans is a real coup.
FAZ

Anonymous said...

I am honored to have been included on your blog, Pheobe and Monica! I have to admit that once in a great while I do try chasing one of my own cats. They don't run and that takes all the fun out of the game. Mom thinks they are a bit smarter than me but I'm not so sure.