Thursday, April 12, 2007

13 Reasons NOT to go Outside

Dear Pablo and fan club members,

Phoebe's recent adventures have got me contemplating whether I should try going Outside. I'm still conflicted about the issue. Here are some of the things in the CON column:
1. in order to go Outside, you have to wear a harness.
2. the harness has to go around your neck and clips around your chest.
3. that would be uncomfortable.
4. there are very large vishus birds that fly over our house and are very noisy. Tracy says it is just because we live near an "airport".
5. the gigantic vishus birds will probably snatch me up and eat me.
6. the giant vishus birds will probably be even louder from Outside.
7. if I go Outside, I might get all dirty. The first time Phoebe went, she got lots of leaves and sticks in her furs.
8. if I get dirty, then Tracy will probably comb me.
9. i don't like to be combed.
10. if you go Outside, the people hold onto your rope.
11. you cannot go wherever you want to.
12. you cannot go into some very interesting places like under the porch, or under the car.
13. if you get scared Outside, you cannot run away and hide.

Here are the only two reasons I can think of that going Outside might be okay:
1. Pablo says that it is a good thing to do.
2. There is lots of grass out there.

7 comments:

Daisy said...

Monica, you forgot to add on the Pro side that it is FUN! I have only been going outside on my harness and leash for a couple of weeks but I really love it. I think you should just try it out once to see if you like it. If you do not enjoy yourself, then you don't have to go again.

Kimo and Sabi said...

Kimo really likes da outdoors, even on a harness. Sabi almost peed himself when he went outside! (he is scared of loud noises - barks, cars, planes, doorbells, cell phone rings, ...)

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

I would have to say that your 13 reasons for NOT going outside are furry good ones. I don't EVER wanna go outside. I used to live outside and there are many dangerous things out there that can permanently hurt a kitty. Kids, predators, masheens, woofies ... all are dangerous. You are far too pretty to be outside where you could get dirty, flea-bitten, or KILLED. Stay inside where it's warm and dry.
DMM

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Outside is lots of fun! I get to go outside on my harness or in my stroller and it is wonderful! There are lots of interesting things to see and smell. I really enjoy it!

Christine and FAZ said...

Monica, why don't you give it a try and if you don't like it then don't do it again. You could practice first in doors with the harness on so you get used to it.

FAZ

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

Seems like you've given this a lot of thought, Monica. Faz's suggestions sound very sensible. But you've gotta do what works for you.

GARGOLAS said...

Salir afuera nos atemoriza mucho. Además que aumenta nuestra caída del cabello.

Saludos felinos.