Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I did it!

Dear Pablo and loyal fan club members,

Thank you all for your encouragement about going Outside. Since so many of you have fun out there and Phoebe kept going on and on about how great it was, I decided to give it a shot. How do I look against the green grass? I think it makes my eyes stand out.

I was a bit nervous to first go out the front door, but once I took a look around at all the interesting things to see, I forgot to be scared. The harness didn't even bother me much. I had been watching Phoebe very carefully from the window, so I explored some of those places she had told me about. Firstly, I wanted to go under the porch, but Tracy said "no way!" Then I thought I would give some of the different plants a taste. Again, a negatory from Tracy. She says some plants are poisonous for cats and she doesn't know which ones, so I should just stick to tasting the grass. What a bother!

Look at these pretty flowers and plants over here. I tried to eat these ones, too. I mean, really, why would they plant them if they weren't meant for snacking on?

Ha ha! Phoebe had to watch me through the window this time. Watch and learn, little sister! Tracy says if I decide I like this, she will get me my own harness and we can all go Outside together. The End. ~Monica










This is SO not fair! That is MY harness and I am the one who is supposed to wear it and go Outside. ~Phoebe

10 comments:

Daisy said...

Oh Monica! You did it! You did it! Hooray! You look very beautiful in the green grass and your furs are a very pretty color. I am so happy we are all learning to go out on a harness and leash. I hope you get your own soon! I am smiling.

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

Congratulations, Monica! I know how hard this must have been for you, and I'm so glad you enjoyed it. It must be hard with Tracy cramping your style a bit, but wherever you're allowed to go, you should rub your cheeks on stuff so your smell stays there. Outside is all about marking territory. But I'm a boy, so I have another way of doing that, too...

Tara said...

Go Monica! I knew you would love it! I can't wait to see pictures of the two of you going out together, that will keep Tracy busy! I don't have any one to go out with me, but my best friend Sammy often joins me.

Isn't the out of doors great? I beg every night to go out. Poor Tracy,she will have both of you begging to go out!

Tara

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Isn't the outdoors grate. I love to go out and eat grass (and later throwing it up inside). The wimps Sadie and Speedy don't go out. Oh they'd like to, but mom sez anyone who won't ware a leash can't go out. I can't wate to see the two of you out together.

MaoMao said...

Neat-o, Monica! Looks like you had a lot of fun exploring out there. I'd like to have me a harness, too. And I gotta say, you and Phoebe are gorgeous girlkitties!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Christine and FAZ said...

I went on Pablo's blog and saw you did it Monica, so I came straight over here to say WELL DONE. I am so glad you enjoyed it. Purrs to you and Phoebe (and Tracy too). FAZ

Rosemary B❤️ said...

super cool. very very impressive... and quite brave.
You are very pretty and floofy

<3 Caesar

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Monica! Soon you will be basking in the sunshine as I do. Of course, being a country dog I do not need a harness and I rarely wear my leash. Mom uses that when she takes me to the vet which, by the way, is a lot of fun. So much fun that sometimes I actually pee on the floor! Anyway, all of my cats are "indoor/outdoor felines. They even have their own door to get in and out. I tried it once but only got my head stuck.

GARGOLAS said...

Felicidades! un pequeño paso para un felino, un gran paso para la especie!!

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

deer monica,
i am havin a hard time openin yer pikshurz ... so i clozed mi eyez an tried to vizualize yer day owtside! i see u rompin in da green grass an havin lottsa fun an laffin an laffin! i'm gettin a good pikshur in mi mind!
izzen't bein owtside grate?
luv--yer frend--jh