Monday, April 23, 2007

Together

Dear Pablo and fan club members,

As you can see, the eagerly anticipated arrival of my very own harness has come. Tracy bought me a pretty pink one because she was thinking of Lilly Lu at the time and also because she knew I would look great in pink. She was right, don't you think?


This was only the second time that I went Outside on a harness, and I was still a little nervous. I sat and watched Phoebe for a while. Grandma held onto Phoebe's rope and Tracy stayed with me. (That clearly means that I am more important in my household.)



Once I was ready, we went exploring. Here are some interesting discoveries about our yard. This area used to be a jungle as you can see from the tall greenery that is growing there still.




And here we can clearly see that there was a volcanic eruption many years ago. That is why there is so much red rock in this area. It makes a very crunchy noise when you walk on it and it's a little prickly on the paws. We have two convenient walking paths that allow passage through the volcanic area of our yard.








After a we were through with our independent explorations, Phoebe and I teamed up for grounds patrol. We kept in mind all the great suggestions that all our friends made about what we should do on our rounds.













I think that Tracy and Denis are very glad that we are here to keep an eye (or four) on things. Everything is in place for today.

11 comments:

Daisy said...

Oh, Monica, that pink harness and leash is very very beautiful! And it looks so wonderful with your pretty furs. You are lucky to get to go outside with Phoebe. That looks like fun.

We have some of those red rocks too. I think you are right: it must be from a previous volcanic eruption. My Mommie calls it lava rocks. But they are not hot.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Yoo did a furry good job of patroling yoor yard.

Around Your Wrist said...

i hope the volcano hasn't erupted recently. it could be dangerous. please be careful!

love
--suz

ps we're having our first contest!

Tara said...

You look stunning in pink Monica, a great choice!

And you and Phoebe are doing a great job patrolling the yard, it is avery important job!

Tara

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

Pink really suits your furs, Monica. And I love your outdoor observations- very scientific! Looks like you and Phoebe have some great territory to patrol and explore.

The Meezers or Billy said...

Monica, your pink harness is furry purrty! volcanic erupshuns? wow, that's purrty cool!

Cafe Cats said...

That looks like fun! It must be wonderful to be able to patrol and keep your tall ones safe.

Karen Jo said...

Hi Monica, congratulations for winning the bookmark at the Artsy Catsy auction. I think it's great and I won the Lilly Lu snuggle at another auction, so we both got something good.

Mr. Hendrix said...

Your mommy was right! The pink does look very good on you.
Great job patrolling the yard. You're both very brave!

The Crew said...

Hello Girls! We found you at Pablos blog. Sorry we didn't know about you sooner!

May I say, you look lovely in pink, Monica. It's my signature color, too. Have you thought about joining The Pink Ladies?

Your friend
Misty E

Sasha said...

The pink harness is very cute. I got my harness stuck in the fence and now have a new one. I will try to get that stuck too.