Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Look at me!!

Dear Pablo,

Look! I got a new harness. If you look closely at this picture and the one of my old harness, you can probably see the difference. Tracy had to take the other one back. Even though it was pretty striped colors, the one-piece, figure-8 design made it too easy for me to get it off my head. I did that twice on Monday and on Tuesday, Tracy turned it back in for this one. You will notice this one has more buckles and straps on it. I have tried to pull it off my head, but this one stays put. I'm not sure how I feel about that, but Tracy is glad of it.

So far I have gone Outside each day since Sunday. I am getting used to my expeditions and getting much more brave. Monica keeps a close eye on me through the window because she is worried about me:







Here I am checking out all the pretty flowers. We have a lot of them. I hardly noticed on my first time Outside because I was so distracted by all the loverly grass.






For a while I visited with Monica to reassure her that I was just fine. But that got boring fast!













So then, I had Grandma take over holding the rope so that Tracy could take some proper pictures of my adventures. I wanted you to see how brave I am, Pablo.








See, here I climbed on top of our "doghouse". No dog lives at our house, so I'm not sure why we have a doghouse. It turned out to be very slidey and I had a hard time posing for this picture, but I hope you will understand.

(note: this "doghouse" is simply a structure that hides the piping for our water service ~ Tracy)





Look at what I found next! A wall to climb on and some wood pieces to sniff. They smelled different from the dirt and grass. These plants don't have any flowers yet. I wonder why?








Well, that is about all the interesting things that I saw on my Tuesday expedition. I hope you are very proud of me.

4 comments:

Daisy said...

Oh Phoebe, I am very proud of you and I am sure that Pablo will be very impressed with your bravery! My new harness is shaped a lot like your new one, and I can't get out of it either.

Being outside is fun!

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

I am totally proud, Phoebe! I know how hard it is to do scary new things in scary new environments. It's great that you can spend some time exploring outside now. Looks like there's some great things to check out. Maybe if you tell Monica all about it, she'll get brave one day, too.

Tara said...

Your new harness is much better. That design is what I have. Much harder to get out of (although I managed to do it once).

You are getting the hang of it! Pretty soon, you will beg to put it on like I do. I lead mom, she doesn't really walk me. But we go all around the cul-de-sac. The little girls on bikes even ask Mom if she is going to take me on a walk.

I'm so proud of you. Now we can compare notes!

Tara

Christine and FAZ said...

What an amazing adverture. You must have been exhausted after all that excitement. FAZ

p.s. your new harness is tres chic.