Sunday, April 15, 2007

It's time for a nap.

Dear Pablo and friends,

I am so tired from all my Outside adventures. I have been going out each day and I really do like it. Today I walked all the way to Grandma's house for a nice long visit. It was fun to go in the door, check out the rooms and then go back Outside again. I'm still a bit unsure of what I should do when I am Outside. I start out on the porch and I'm never sure what to do first. Can you friends who have more Outside experience give me some tips about what important activities I should include on my rounds?

You have to keep in mind that Tracy is always following me around. Sometimes I am glad that she is there because sometimes I get a little spooked by a noise or some people nearby. Then I walk over to Tracy and rub against her legs. It is reassuring. But other times, she really slows me down. And she is very noisy with her walking! The other day I tried to catch a bird. I was sneaking up on it real slow-like. Then when I went to pounce, Tracy didn't keep up and the bird got away!

Now, I'm just cozying up with Monica for some beauty sleep.

13 comments:

Tara said...

I usually stand on the porch for a few minutes to decide which way I want to go. Depending on what is going on, I go to the side walk, or I might start with our grass for a bite. You just need to play it by ear. As you get more comfortable and familiar with your street, you will make your decisions faster.

You go girl!!

Tara

Daisy said...

Phoebe, I am very proud of you! And you are smart to get some rest, because being Outside is tiring. I am still pretty new at going Outside on my harness and leash too. I make sure to hunt for lizards, check out any birds, and chase after blowing leaves. I like to sniff the grass too. I also have to look out for alligators.

MaoMao said...

You are such beautiful kitties! I hope you have a nice, snuggly nap. Outside is fun -- grass sniffin' is great, like Daisy said, and hunting for all kindsa critters like birdies or bunnies or lizards -- chasin' sticks is fun, too. I haven't been outside since I was a stray kitty before Momma and Daddy brought me in to live in the house, but I'm hoping they'll get me a harness so I can take walks outside soon!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Hmm, grass eating is always good. Later you can go in the house and throw it up. I personally like to find a sunny spot on the driveway and just lay there. This makes mom crazy because she feels that she's supervising a nap.~Speedy

HRH Yao-Lin said...

My advice for outside adventures is to find a patch of sunlight and then....flop on the floor. Works for me every time!

Fat Eric said...

That picture would qualify for Floofy Friday!

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

deer phoebe,
can u climb a tree an walk on da roof? doze are sum uv mi ideaz fer owtside advencher.
yer frend--jh

Artsy Catsy said...

What beautiful sleepers you are! You're SO lucky you're going outside! My mom won't let me 'cause I'm getting antibiotics down my throat and goop in my ears all the time. If I can sneak out that door, that'll be the end of that!!

Rocky

Unknown said...

Donde esta su laser?

Monica said...

Mostré mi laser en el mes de noviembre. Es muy divertido!

Christine and FAZ said...

Probably a good thing you didn't catch the bird. I don't do it very often but when I do the humans get very upset like I've done something really bad. Glad you're having a good time with your harness. FAZ

Jake said...

When I go outside I like to sniff all around to see who else has been out. If there's a squirrel in the yard they're always fun to chase...try it! You have an advantage over me because you can climb trees.

Mr. Hendrix said...

wow, you're very brave outside. i'm a former feral, now indoor only cat. mommy would love to get me a harness, but i have fiv so the VET says i shouldn't go outside even on a harness. sigh.
i don't "miss" outside, but given the chance, i'd run to the end of my harness string and roll in the grass, chase after birdies and sniff all around the bird feeders sos i could smell the birdies, racoons, squirrels and animals that come up to visit. that would be soooooo fun.