Thursday, November 29, 2007

New Foods

Dear Pablo and everycat,

You have all been so sweet in sending me your purrs. They are very comforting and make me feel very loved. I want to make a list for you of all the new foods that I have tasted in the last two weeks. I'm not sure if there are thirteen, but we'll see.
1. Milk from Tracy's cereal bowl
2. Joey's food
3. My V. E. T. Dr's recommended liver diet wet food.
4. Poached salmon
5. Chicken of the sea from a can
6. Canned "Solid Gold" tuna flavor
7. Real turkey from Thanksgiving dinner
8. Fancy Feast chicken dinner flavor
9. Happy Tails chicken dinner flavor
10. Ground turkey browned
11. Cottage cheese
12. Kitten formula
13. Baby food, turkey flavor.

Wow! There were exactly 13 foods, so I can officially call this a Thursday Thirteen.

From Tracy - At the vet's on Tuesday, she got one dose of oral prednisolone (steroid) to get started. We are waiting for the compounded version that can be applied to her ear. Today, she greeted me at the bedroom door this morning for the first time since she got sick. She has eaten more today than she has in quite a while. Grandma is home and came to visit today. We'll just keep taking it one day at a time. Thanks for all the great ideas. I may look for those pill pockets and see if I can get that gallbladder medicine in without a struggle. It may have been helping a bit.

18 comments:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

You have tried lots of different foods, Phoebe. I will continue to purr and pray for you.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Those are lots of yummy looking foods. We are purring furr yoo.

Parker said...

Dear Phoebe,
I'm glad you are trying some different foods and that you might be feeling a little better! Please take your medicine and feel even better!
Smooches!

Daisy said...

Phoebe, those are some very delicious foods you have tried. I am glad you are eating a little bit more. I am purring and purring for you.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Mmm, dem foods all sound pretty good. We'z glad dat yoo seem to haf improved even if it's just a little bit. We'll keep purring and purraying fur yoo to get better and better.

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

We just found this blog but really really hope that Phoebe feels much better soon!

Tybalt said...

Those sound like some yummy foods, Phoebe! I'm glad you felt well enough to visit your mom at the door today. I am still purring very hard for you.

Christine and FAZ said...

Us cats can be notoriously difficult when it comes to making us take tablets we don't want. Good luck. FAZ

Anonymous said...

Oh, Phoebe, I'm so glad you're doing a bit better -- keep on getting better and better, and know that I'm purring as hard as I can for you! I'm glad to hear your mom will be trying the pill pockets -- hopefully they will do the trick, and if not, perhaps the gallbladder medicine can be compounded for you, too. We Ballicai are sending you lots of love and healing purrs!

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn.

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

Oh, yum!! It all sounds good. Eat it all!!! Take care, Phoebe.

Samantha & Mom said...

Yummy, that is some great food you have been eating Phoebe. A yummy T13, too. We are purrring for you to get better and we are glad you came to see your Mom today. ((((warm hugs))))
Your FL furiends,

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Dearest Phoebe...I know how hard it is to be sick...I almost died last month and now the medicines has mademe a new cat...well almost new. I still have some tummy cancerbut I hope it grows slow:) Please know that you are in my purrrrs and I wish you a recovery from all that ails you right now.
Love Miss Peachy

snowforest said...

These seem like lots of tasty food. We are so sorry we just learned about your illness ~ we wish you get well furry soon. Sending you lots of love and healing purrs :)

Snow and Forest
http://snowandforest.blogspot.com/

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Glad to hear that you are picking up a bit. Those food sounds yummy. Take care!

MaoMao said...

Phoebe, us Ballicai are still purrin and purrin fur you and I just wanted to tell you we're thinking about you and we hope you're kontinyooin to get bettur!

Update us when you can!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Tara said...

Hang in there sweetie, I'm purrin for you!

Tara

Samantha & Mom said...

Hey Phoebe, Monica and Joey:
Please come by and collect your Golden Rose.
Your FL furiends,

Around Your Wrist said...

how are you feeling today, dear? i hope you keep eating bits and bits, and that you get to feeling better.

purring for you in this corner of washington state,