Monday, November 12, 2007

Torchured

My dear sweet Pablo and all my friends,

I want to thank you all for your strong purrs these last two days and your words of encouragement. They really helped me feel a little stronger today. And I really needed strength because I went back to the V-E-T's office to get torchured again.

I am so embarrassed to tell you that those people shaved all my pretty furs off my tummy. Then they rubbed some goopy stuff on my skin and waved a magic wand over me. It showed the doctor inside my liver, whatever that is. The doctor man spent a long time talking to Tracy and Denis about me - blah blah blah, cholangio, blah blah. Whatever, as long as I was safe in my prisoner box. But then they tricked me and made me come back out. They weighed me and found out that I have gained a little weight back - now 7.75 lbs. Then they torchured me again to take more of my blood and they gave me some of Caesar and Prinnie's flooids. I had a funny hump on my back for a while.

So now we are back at home. The first thing Tracy did was make me take a pill!! I thought I was all done with those nasty things since I stopped throwing up and all. This evening, I tried some new food - it is wet and I like it. There was also some sticky sweet syrup mixed in it that I liked to lick. I suddenly realized that I was pretty hungry, so I ate all of the wet stuff.

Well, I guess that is all there is to tell for now. I've had a busy day so I'm going to rest now. We are going to watch The Amazing Race together.

17 comments:

jenianddean said...

I'm so sorry you have to go the v-e-t again and get tortured. And they stole your blood too...my goodness what a day. I'm so happy that you ate all your wet food. That will help you get stronger!

Take care.
-Jasper McKitten-Cat

Daisy said...

Phoebe, I am so glad that you gained a little weight and are eating good! Taking pills is No Fun, but you have to do it so you can get all better. I am going to keep purring and purring for you until you are well.

Parker said...

Oh Sweetie! I hope that you feel all better soon! I am glad you are eating!

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

Hey, don't be embarrassed about having your furs shaved! Remember a few months ago when I got in a fight and had to have some of my face furs shaved? It grows back. I'm so glad you've put on a bit of weight and have eaten something. Hope you enjoyed The Amazing Race too... it's an awesome show!

Honey P. Sunshine said...

they did the magic wand on my tummy too a couple of years ago

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Phoebe, I'm sorry to hear you had to go back to the vet, but it's good that you've gained some weight! Just remember: bald is beautiful! So your shaved tummy is beautiful too. :) Trust me, cats don't need fur. Sending lots of healing purrs your way.

Bonnie Underfoot said...

Beware strange things added to your food! I'm sure my woman is out to get me. She insists I eat the canned food she puts out... I use Victor as my food taster. In case she's trying to kill me, as I suspect.
Bonnie the ever Suspicious.

Victor Tabbycat said...

Phoebe, don't listen to Bonnie. She don't trust anyone but Dad. You eat that speshul food an take yur pills, an you'll be all better in no time. We's glad it's curable. Purrs!

Mr. Hendrix said...

Oh Phoebe! I'm so glad to hear you are eating and the VET didn't find anything serious. I think Pablo will find your tummy beautiful with or without furs.

Puurrrrrsss that you feel all better soon! Enjoy that special food in the meantime.

Tybalt said...

I hope you feel better soon! I'm so sorry they shaved off your beautiful furrs. Purrs and headbutts!

Christine and FAZ said...

Oh my goodness, you poor girl. Imagine all of that happening to you. I hope you feel better soon. FAZ

AMG said...

Phoebe, there are definitely worse places they could "wave" a magic wand. Although I am sure that has happened too. Glad to hear that your reward is some rest and yummy food. Enjoy your quiet evening with your human!

Samantha & Mom said...

Phoebe, we are so glad you are feeling better and have gained a little weight! Your furs will grow back and be a good girl and takes your medicine, so you can get well faster! We will purr and purray until you get all well!
Your FL furiends,

MaoMao said...

Awww, Phoebe -- I'm so glad yur feelin bettur and that you've gained some weight. Keep on eatin good, I'm so glad you ate yur wet foodies! We Ballicai have been purrin and purrin fur you and pleese know yur in our thoughts and in our hearts.

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Brainball said...

Phoebe, my floofy friend, I'm keeping you in my purrs! I had a sick spell last month, and though I had bronchitis, the treatment I got at the vet's is similar to yours: subQs and antibiotics to take for a week. Hang in there and take your medicine -- it will help you feel better and better.

Rumbly purrs from Brainball.

Brainball said...

Oops, I'm sorry -- I meant to type that I had to take pills and liquids for two weeks. Must be all the floof between my toes that messed me up! *grin*!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Oah, Phobe, I hope you are getting better and better~!!

I am purring and praying for you.