Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Pet Peeve #1

Dear Pablo,

One of my least favorite things to have done is getting my toenails clipped. Wouldn't you agree? First of all, you get scooped up onto your back which is a very undignified position to be in. Then the toes are spread apart and toenails pushed forward. THEN the toenail clippers are brought into close proximity to TENDER FLESH. It's a bit scary. This is repeated for 8 toes (we used to have to endure a full 18 toenails getting clipped, but since our decimal digit amputation, we are down to 8.)

It's not that Tracy isn't careful. She has rarely caused me any pain with those things, but the potential is always there. The thought of it makes me flinch sometimes. All that being said, I must admit that there are some benefits. One is less likely to get get scolded for jumping into (or across) a lap when one's toenails are short.

5 comments:

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

Wow. Can't say I've ever had that done, Phoebe. I keep my back claws short through all my outdoor adventures and all the back-leg digging that I do, and I keep my front claws razor-sharp by sharpening them on tree trunks. I think I'd bite Kate's arm off before I'd let her touch my claws. Maybe it's different for ladycats. Maybe it's just part of your beauty regime.

Phoebe said...

Ahhhhh. The outdoors.... I like to go outdoors, but rarely get the chance.

sydney said...

well you just need to do what I do go to your happy place, here is how, when she comes to do your nails lay on your side and take five deeeeeeeep breaths and think of the best place you can be, and just stay there with your eyes closed and breathing deep... then walla it is done. me I like to go to the bone yard where all the bones just float around and i can eat and sleep.

Anonymous said...

Dear Pablo

I know that Phoebe especially is so jealous of your freedom to go outside when you want.....She tries, has been successful about 5 times....

More so, Pablo I wanted to comment on your global warming missive. It was truly interesting, and I just wanted you to know that your PTFC is the very same PTFMAPG (perfect temp for monica and phoebe's grandma......

You are a wise cat.

Sherman said...

oohhhh! I hate toenail clipping. I wiggle a lot and make it generally difficult for my mom. That helps sometimes. Once in awhile she gives up. I also bite at the clipper.