Thursday, November 23, 2006

Turkey

Dear Pablo,

I know that you like to eat chicken a lot. Have you ever tried turkey? It is like chicken on steroids! We have one cooking in the oven today - it is a big annual thing here in our house. You should have seen the size of this bird, it's huge.

I can see clearly with my own eyes that the people have plenty of turkey to spare. You would think that they would share some with us, but they don't. They wrap it all up after they are done eating and put it in the big white box in the kitchen (they have lots of food in there). We only get a taste if they happen to drop some on the floor and don't notice it.

We are only officially allowed to eat kibble that is provided in a bowl in the kitchen. Phoebe is actually to blame for this situation. She has an intestinal disorder that causes her to vomit a lot. She is more likely to do so if she eats unusual foods. And you know how people feel about vomitting. Well, eating only kibble is a sacrifice that I make for Phoebe. She is my sister, after all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This your your grandma, Monica and Phoebe, and I am worried about this correspondent that you have begun to carry on with Pablo. I hope you mind your manners, and behave like the dignified kits I know that you are.....

I was interested in learning that Pablo is having barrels placed at stores to help felines that are not as fortunate as himself and you girls. Woolworths by name!!

When your grandma was a girl, we had Woolworth 5 and dime stores back in Connecticut where she grew up. Now they are long gone, so a bit of nostalgia there.

Anyway, I have a better feeling about Pablo now that I have heard about his worthy cause that he seems to be so diligently working on......but you girls behave....

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

It's time they invented a chicken holiday in Australia. They could call it Give A Cat A Chicken Day. Everyone could give a cat a chicken and be thankful for having a cat to give a chicken to. Turkey, you say? Might give it a whirl. Can't see it being better than chicken, though.

Monica and Phoebe's grandma: I can assure you ma'am that this is all above board.

Sherman said...

Hey! You cats think you've got it bad! I hadta stay home alone while my family went off to eat their bird somewheres else!