Tuesday, November 21, 2006

House people

Dear Pablo,

These are our housepeople. First came Tracy. She sprung us from a kitty concentration camp of sorts. Our captor was a little old lady who meant well, but there were so many of us cats in her "foster home" that hygiene was a serious issue. Monica was actually ill with a respiratory infection when we first got to Tracy's house. We were about nine months old when we arrived at our first real home. It was just the three of us in a small house with the greatest set of stairs you have ever seen - sort of like a ladder. Monica and I had great fun chasing each other up and down.

Denis showed up a couple of years later. I think Tracy ordered him over the internet because he came from far away in Minnesota. First he just visited from time to time. We moved to our new house three years ago. It is much larger, but there are no stairs. Denis started hanging around more and more and he finally moved in along with his nice furniture. Don't think badly of him, but he made Tracy have our front claws removed. He had something against the decorating that we did to Tracy's furniture. But he's really a nice guy. He plays with us and keeps us company in the early morning. Sometimes we take nice naps together on the couch. All in all, they are pretty easy to live with.

3 comments:

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

Wow. You ladies have an interesting history. Some tough times, but a happy ending. I've lived in 2 different uni student share houses (but lived in one place on two separate occasions) and 2 newlyweds' apartments with about a million different people... it's a long story... but I've been with Kate since early 2002 and we moved in with Nick when N+K got married in June that year. I was 2 (human) years old. I'm nearly 7 now! I'm loved and admired by many humans, but Kate was the first one to understand me. Nick, I tolerate for her sake. When I lived with Mike and Nikki (some other people), I lived in a place with ladder-stairs. I was a youngcat then. Kate remembers playing with me on the ladder-stairs.

P.S. I'm sorry for the loss of your claws. Kate's boss is from Minnesota, so she understands.

Nixter said...

LOL - this is cracking me up. Now we must get a kitty so we can join in all the fun.

Sherman said...

I born on a farm with lots of room and my family came and picked me up when I was old enough to leave home. I am only 3 years old in human years.