Sunday, August 5, 2007

New Territory

Dear Pablo and fan club members,

I must tell you what happened to me today! Tracy and I went out for a walk, which started out just fine. I nibbled on some grass and was just getting into the business of monitoring the grounds. But then Tracy picked me up and took me to Grandma's house. We went in to visit for a while. I thought that was kind of a dirty trick to make me stay INSIDE when i thought we were going for a walk. From there, things went even downhill. Next, Grandma and Tracy got the bright idea to show me the inside of our new house that we are buying. I was not too keen on that idea to start with. I thought maybe the people that had that big red monster machine might still be in there. The screen door is very NOISY also.

We had only taken one step into the place when I could tell that a cat had been living there. It was a cat with poor hygeine habits! I don't know what that cat was thinking. Didn't they have a proper litter box? I started howling my distaste for the place right away and Tracy got the hint. We went back outside and I wanted to RUN back home, but Tracy is SO SLOW.

I told her that the deal is off, we should not buy that house at all. She says that what we will do is take out the carpet where the cat did its business and things should smell much better after that. Once my head cleared up a bit, I guess that might work. We will have to see...

Tracy felt so bad about my bad experience in that house that she took me Outside this evening at 9:00 PM. It is very different and exciting Outside at night. There were some fluttery bugs that I tried to catch. I had a nibble of some grass. Now I feel much better about the whole situation.

11 comments:

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

We wood certainly hope dey wood remove dat soiled carpet before yoo move in...after all yoo haf yoor dignity to think of. You woodent want someone to think yoo were da ones wif poor litter box habits.

Monica said...

We won't be moving in there, thank goodness. We are just adding on to our Pablo Fan Club Headquarters territory. We will have new people living in there. But we will have a no big red monster machines rule this time.

Tara said...

Oh that sounds horrible Phoebe, what an experience! But it was nice you got to go out at night. I've only got to do that a few times, and I really like it!
Tara

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience at the new house. I hope the carpet is replaced before you move in!

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

Oh no! The first place I lived in with Kate (a rental which she shared with friends before she and Nick got married) had recently had another cat in it too. I could smell her everywhere (her name was Princess. Kate vouched for her, but anothercat's smell is anothercat's smell is anothercat's smell). I'm ashamed to admit it now, but I dealt with the situation by covering up her smell with my smell... if you know what I mean. But my litter tray habits were not so good then. I have not done that since those early days in the old house. I hope you never have to go in there again!

...but how cool is outside at night? Especially in summer? Everything smells different, the air is still warm... oh, I can't wait for summer! But I can wait for THFC weather. Say hi to Monica for me!

Hot(M)BC said...

Good that Tracy is understanding of your needs. Getting rid of the old carpet should make it tons better.
Purrrrrrrrs,
Boni Maroni

Daisy said...

Phoebe, you are very very lucky! I have never been Outside after dark. It sounds very fun.

Samantha & Mom said...

We are confused! Are you moving or adding on? We don't like the smell of other cats either. We go outside in the dark every night. It is cool and so many interesting things come out in the night!
Your FL furiends,

Skeezix the Cat said...

Be careful abowt going owtside at nite cuz that's win the vishus deer are thare hungriest!!!!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Goodness, you have been busy and some of it is really kind of exciting. The new Headquarters should get a through cleaning. That should be at the top of the list.

You got to go outside at night? wow.... ::;sigh::: we have never been outside.

Happy day
Purrrrs, Princess

Anita said...

You don´t lose the opportunity to conquer a new territory! Muhahahahahahaha!

Purrrrrrrsss.