Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Doing our part


Dear Pablo and fan club members,

Well, we finally got our pictures into the new computer box and then the new ones off of our camera. Hooray! Here is a picture of our new cat litter. One day, Monica and I were discussing the public service announcement that Pablo gave a while ago about global warming and wondering what we could do about it. Our old cat litter was a clumpy kind. Tracy took out the clumps and put them in a bag and threw them in the garbage can. From there they went to the dump and sat there for who knows how long in with all the other gross stuff.

Well, we searched for something better and this is what we found.Our new litter is really different. It comes in little twigs. When we pee on it, it turns into sawdust. Tracy scoops out the poops and flushes them. When it all turns into sawdust, we will put it in our compost pile and it will be useful! Isn't that a neat trick?

10 comments:

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

Looks and sounds good (I love the picture on the pack, too). I'll have to get Kate to see if that type of litter is available in Australia. We're still thinking about experimenting with the crystals. They're just so expensive!

Zoey and the furballs said...

Wow that's pretty interesting. I'll have to investigate that.

MaoMao said...

Holy moly, that looks like some kool stuff to put in the potty! I mean the litter box potty but also the people potty too, hehehe. My momma's gonna have to check that stuff out! Let us know how you like it.

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, that does look like very interesting litter! I look forward to hearing what you think of it.

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn!

Ali & Fiona said...

Momma bought that for us too and momma didn't like it, it doesn't cover up the poop smell. Maybe you two will have better luck with it.

Anonymous said...

My mom says she used to buy something similar for our kitties in the winter time. It had a piney smell but last time she looked they didn't have it in the store anymore. Oh well, our cats are pretty good at fertilizing the gardens themselves since they do their "duty" outside.

Daisy said...

I am proud of you for helping the environment. And your corner litter box is very cool!

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

Yeah, I've never seen a corner one before. Hey, Al Gore said to say thanks for doing your part!

lordjaders said...

Potty in the pines--how nice. I am a naturrre gurrrl afterr all and I preferrr the wood chips outside to my "clay" litter box.

What can I say, its good to be a
"Tidy Cat."

hee, hee

snowforest said...

Great idea. Nice to learn that you are so environment friendly. Wonderful!