Friday, February 16, 2007

Fan Club Expands

Dear Pablo,

Tracy explained to us the other day that a fan club is generally comprised of more than just two cats. So in the spirit of inclusiveness, we have enrolled our friends into the fan club member list (seen on our side panel as "Pablo admirers"). We weren't sure about including Beto. I'm not sure if he is really an admirer of yours so much as an apprentice. Plus, he, Possum and Luna do not live in the US, but oh well. Who cares about the details.

So, Daisymae, Luna, Gilbert, Possum, Jake, Jazz, Sydney, Sherman and Beto, welcome to the fan club!

Addendum: Sherman asked a very good question about what you do when you are a member. After consulting with Tracy again about fan clubs, I have decided that we need a fan club pledge. So please repeat the following oath in front of a witness ( everyone will have to provide their own witness. We will take your word for it):

I, (insert your name), do solemnly swear to remain faithful to the Pablo Fan Club purpose, which is to admire the exceptional qualities of the great feline leader, Pablo of West Hobart, Tasmania, Australia. I will heed his wise counsel in feline social causes, defend his honor to any detractors and strive to follow his example in my daily life.**

** We understand that canine members will not be capable of some of the advanced feline skills, but membership will still be extended on the basis of friendship with Pablo.

5 comments:

Sherman said...

I'm Confused. Are we supposed to do something special????

Luna und Luzie said...

I´m happy to be welcome in the fan club ! =´`.´`=

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

Wow. This is all a bit overwhelming! I'm honoured! No matter how many members my fan club has, I'll always remember the ladies who started it all...

Sherman said...

I find it hard to state it all. I would stay faithfull. And I do admire pablo. But I find it hard to strive from his example and heed his wise counsel. I love Pablo and all but I find it hard to do this, cats are cats, and dogs are dogs. The world would be strange if all dogs acted like cats or if all cats acted like dogs.

Anonymous said...

You write very well.