Monday, May 12, 2008

A Book Meme

I never done a meme before, but I saw that Pablo did this book meme and it looked very cool. He did a VERY BORING book. But you can see that from my favorite perch, I have lots of books nearby. I'm going to pick an EXCITING book to do this meme with.

These are the rules of the meme:
1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open the bok to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.

Here is my bookThat sounds like very good advice to me. I'm sure he knows what he is talking about... Here is the stuff on pg. 123:

"We resected fifteen feet of necrotic bowel and sutured together the ends of what was left. Incredibly, the patient remained stable throughout this horrendous procedure. As we began to close the abdomen, our short-lived optimism returned, at first tentatively, but then with growing intensity."

Maybe Dr. Daisy can help explain this to me... I don't understand much of what it says. But at least it is exciting!

7 comments:

Victor Tabbycat said...

What grate books! I like books, too. Um, I asked Mom bout that pair-a-graph, an she said it's not furry pleasant. Sumfing had an operwayshun on it's guts. Ewwww.
Gosh, Joey is gettin big!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

You do very good job~!!!!!
That is an interesting book!

Tybalt said...

Great job, Joey! It sounds like a medical drama . . . very intense!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Sheesh, Joey, looks like yoo is an all grown up mancat. Yeah, mom told us dat dat was an operashun on somebody/thing and dat it would be messy and all da insides woulda been seen...yuk.

MaoMao said...

Joey, that's such a cute pickshure of you! You're an adorabble little feller. And wowie, what a book. Momma knows about that operashun -- Daddy hadded to have it done some years ago! Thank goodness he is doin well now *knockin on wood!*.

We've missed you and Monica and Phoebe, too!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

Whoa. You sure picked a grown-up book, Joe! I went woozy as soon as I saw the word 'bowel'... definitely one for Dr Daisy, I think.

Quasi said...

Next time that you need a book, you may want to consider my hilariously funny book, The World Is Your Litter Box, is in bookstores in the U.S. now and is also available on Amazon. The book is cleverly disguised as a cute cat book so humans will buy it, but is, in fact, a how-to manual FOR cats. Check it out on my website, www.theworldisyourlitterbox.com.