Tuesday, December 18, 2007

From the desk of...

Updated: The V.E.T report was surprisingly good. On the lab work that was checked, only one value remains elevated and it is only slightly above the normal range. The other value which had actually climbed in the second set of blood work, was back down in the normal range. So the verdict is that Phoebe is improving from the steroid medication. Steroids help to improve a lot of illnesses in cats and stimulate appetite, so we are not sure exactly what has caused this or why it's better. But for now, anyway, we can relax and enjoy the fact that she's actually improved. We continue the steroids twice a day for another week and then cut back to once a day for a month.

Dear Pablo and all my friends,

Tracy and I were just looking back at the most recent blog posts and realized that we have not given you all an update about me in a while. I want to let you know that in the last week or so, I have been eating very well and have gained weight. We got a new scale and according to it, I now weight 8.2 lbs. Tracy says this is very good, but we don't know for sure that it means my liver is any better. That's why she made me an appointment at the V-E-T's office for Saturday. Oh bother! I don't like my ear medicine or getting weighed, but I do feel better and I like our new food. We are eating Science Diet for adult indoor cats. We all three like it, and we don't even have to fight over it because we can all eat it. Tracy put it in the big bowl.

Please also see Monica's post below. There is a strange new thing in our living room that you really should see!

19 comments:

Parker said...

I am so happy you are feeling better! This is wonderful news Phoebe!
Smooches!

snowforest said...

Great to learn that you are better - you look sooo cute in the piktur :)

Team Tabby said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better!

Mindy & Moe

Tara said...

I am so happy you are feeling better Phoebe! That is a great Christmas present!

Tara

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Oh Pheobe, we'z so glad yoo is feeling better. We looked at dat weerd thing, up, down and sideways...We haf no idea what it could be.

Tybalt said...

I am so glad that everything seems to be going better for you, Phoebe!
Merry Christmas! Purrrrs.

Artsy Catsy said...

That's great news, Phoebe - we're so glad you're feeling better! I can sure sympathize with you about ear medicine - I have problem ears and have to get ear medicine at least once a week for the rest of my life. It is NOT fun!

Rocky

Daisy said...

I am glad you are feeling better. I think gaining weight is a very good sign! Keep up the good eating.

Leona said...

Hope you get a good report from the V-E-T

Samantha & Mom said...

Yeah!!! Phoebe you are gaining weight and feeling better! We will purrr and purray for a good vet report!! Is that contraption in your living room an exercise machine?
Your FL furiends,

MaoMao said...

Oh Phoebe! That's such superduper newsies! Us Ballicai are so happy that yur gaining weight, and we will purr and purr and purr that you get good newsies frum the vet!

Sendin lots of purrs, and kittyhugs, too!

Anonymous said...

Oh, beautiful Phoebe, I am so happy to hear your wonderful news! That's fabulous you're eating better and gaining weight, and I hope you get an excellent report from the vet!

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn.

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

The best news is you are getting better~!
I am praying and purring for you continuing :)

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

These are all good signs, Phoebe! I'm so glad. Will be thinking of you on Saturday when you go to the V-E-T's. Be brave!!

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Phoebe ... I'm furry glad that you're feelin' better an' that you've gained some weight back.

Happy Christmas!
DMM

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

So happy to hear that you are getting better and putting on weight. Hope you get a good report from the vet!

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

That's great news about the V-E-T report. And the more you eat, Phoebe, the stronger you'll get! I hope that you all have a lovely Christmas together and get lots of delicious treats and fun toys.

Lilly Lu, Iris and Maxwell Mufsa Millon said...

thaT IS GREAT NEWS streids are what did it for me. If your looking for a way to help liver values Lilly was on Milk thisle and Sam E it for both dog and cats beween all of those things Lilly Lu was all better and the vet gave her 48 or she get sicker

Donny and Marie and Casey said...

Phoebe, we've been purring for you ever since we found out you went to the vet!! We are so glad to find that you are doing soooo much better.

:)

Anyways, we want to wish you and Monica and Joey and your mommy Tracy a Merry Christmas!

~Donny, Marie and Casey